Since 2003, MIPS has been protecting dental recent graduates around Australia.
We have developed a range of dental membership categories, which provide access to unique member benefits.
Benefits of membership
- MIPS Members’ Medical Indemnity Insurance Policy*
- MIPS Practice Entity Policy to cover the member for his/her exposure to claims against his/her practice entity and practice staff*
- MIPS Group Personal Accident cover*
- access to MIPS Protections for non-medical indemnity matters*
- free education sessions, attracting college points
- special member benefit offers
- flexible and portable protection when moving between States; and
- overseas cover for most countries when, holding additional private practice membership and can seek confirmation of benefits when escorting Australian cultural and sporting groups and providing gratuitous health services to third world countries as part of an aid program*
*see membership benefits handbook including product disclosure statement.
The MIPS benefits available to each MIPS member are determined by the membership category chosen and included in the subscription charged.
Apply ahead of time for free new graduate membership using our convenient online form.
Australian defence force
MIPS membership benefits can assist members with matters which might arise from their practice as a member of the Australian Defence Force.
Sometimes representation by an experienced medico-legal team who are not also representing the wider interests of the ADF may be necessary to protect the interests of members.
MIPS has experienced medico-legal staff who hold concurrent senior ADF appointments so is better able to understand and advise members regarding matters that arise from their ADF practice.
As well as ADF matters, Reservists will find that MIPS membership will provide protection for their civilian practice.
Further category information can be viewed in the membership benefits handbook. Practitioners who are unsure of the appropriate category need to contact MIPS for clarification.
If you’re not already a member of MIPS, apply to join us or request a membership fee estimate today.