Being a member of MIPS allows you to practice with the security and confidence you need.
Before applying for membership, you will need to read our Membership Benefits handbook. This document includes our categories of membership, our financial services guide, product disclosure statement for the various financial services we provide and product benefits of membership (including medical indemnity and other insurance covers) and the other non-insurance benefits MIPS provides. You may also find our article on category selection helpful.
Applying is easy
- Read our Membership Benefits Handbook
- Complete the appropriate application form
- Send the application to us by email or mail (student and new graduates can apply online)
We will assess your application within 5 working days.
If accepted into membership and on receipt of payment of your membership subscription, you will have access to the many benefits of MIPS membership.
What makes MIPS different?
We have a range of benefits beyond indemnity insurance cover that enhance your membership with MIPS. They are all part of your membership at no additional charge. Visit our dedicated benefits section for more information. Our key differences are:
- MIPS’ indemnity policy contains no sub-limits on the amount of legal fees covered
- Blended pricing for a more equitable fee for each individual member
- Accredited risk education
- Included practice entity and personal accident insurance covers
- MIPS Protections – discretionary cover for non-healthcare indemnity matters that arise from members professional practice
- Lobbying at state and federal levels to protect our members’ professions
- No surprise add-ons at additional cost – all benefits are included in the one membership fee
Changing from another Medical Defence Organisation
Many practitioners who switch to MIPS are surprised how easy we can make the transition. Nominating the correct retroactive date provides uninterrupted cover for previous years of practice and a membership fee estimate will help you to make an informed decision. In most cases, if you cancel your cover with your existing indemnity organisation you will receive a refund for a portion of the unused indemnity for the period of insurance.
Contact us with any questions about membership on 1800 061 113 or firstname.lastname@example.org