Regardless of your field of practice, the Medical Indemnity Protection Society is likely to have a category of membership to suit your needs.
Specialists with MIPS have access to the full range of membership benefits offered, such as:
- MIPS Members’ Medical Indemnity Insurance Policy*
- MIPS Members’ Practice Entity Policy to cover the member for their exposure to claims against their practice entity and practice staff*
- MIPS Group Personal Accident cover*
- access to MIPS Protections for non-medical indemnity matters*
- free education sessions, attracting college points
- special member benefit offers
- flexible and portable protection when moving between States; and
- overseas cover for most countries when escorting Australian cultural and sporting groups and providing gratuitous health services to third world countries as part of an aid program*
- free risk education courses are regularly offered and you gain CPD points too.
*see membership benefits handbook including product disclosure statement.
The MIPS benefits available to each MIPS member are determined by the membership category chosen and are included in the membership subscription fee charged.
- Specialist categories of membership are in general terms appropriate for those specialists whose gross private billings exceed $100,000 and/or practitioners involved in any private obstetric, neurosurgical, spinal, orthopaedic or cosmetic practice
- Non-employer indemnified procedural specialists who do not perform obstetric, neurosurgical, spinal, orthopaedic or cosmetic practice who anticipate that their gross private fees from all their medical work will be less than $100,000 in the financial year the Limited Practice Specialist category may be appropriate
- Surgeons who no longer operate but continue to consult patients in private practice, for example seeing patients for second opinions, medico-legal assessments etc. may consider a non-operating specialist category
- Physicians are offered a range of procedural and non-procedural membership category alternatives, catering for different craft groups and private billings limits
- Psychiatrists are also offered a range of membership categories including different private billings limits.
Comprehensive category information can be viewed in the membership benefits handbook. Practitioners who are unsure of the appropriate category need to contact MIPS for clarification.
Find out why MIPS membership offers more that you expect through our unique membership benefits. Apply to join us or request a membership fee estimate today.