Being a recent graduate can be difficult and we understand the need for support and security.
MIPS new graduate membership is FREE for up to 6 months, and provides the peace of mind you need to concentrate on the job ahead.
As well as a range of member benefits we also provide in-house training and information sessions in your hospitals and provide support to RMO societies around Australia.
All of our medical medico-legal staff were once new graduates, so MIPS medico-legal advisors are well placed should you need any advice or assistance.
The best way to join MIPS is to apply online. It's quick, easy and paperless!
Why do interns need MIPS membership?
MIPS membership gives you access to many benefits including general assistance and medico-legal advice. For example, you may need to call on us for assistance:
- to complete reports for the coroner
- to address Medical Practitioner Board complaints
- for representation at hearings, e.g. HCCC, tribunals
- representation for professional disputes with your employer
- proof of indemnity for registration purposes
- Good Samaritan cover.
Remember, MIPS' experienced clinician medico-legal advisors are always available to assist you with any medico-legal concerns.
MIPS members have access to protection
that meets their needs both as young doctors
and as they progress through their careers
MIPS new graduate membership provides the benefits of:
Advantages of MIPS postgraduate categories
- low cost membership subscriptions
- membership categories include unlimited private practice appropriate for qualifications training and experience at no additional cost
- access to full medico-legal and advisory assistance
- unique MIPS Protections* for non-medical indemnity matters
- Personal Accident Cover* to $100,000 and loss of registration cover at no additional cost
- Australia-wide protection
- online renewal application
- special member benefit offers
- reciprocal membership rights with Medical Protection Society UK. Membership is offered by MPS at no additional cost to MIPS members working in public hospitals in the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Malaysia*.
*See membership benefits handbook including product disclosure statement.
If you’re not already a member of MIPS, apply to join us.