Being a registrar can prove to be a very challenging stage of your career. MIPS membership provides the support and security you need through this time.
Most registrars can expect to be indemnified by their employer against civil claims. Some, however may also require additional protection to practice privately. In this case, the Employer Indemnified membership categories including those with limited private practice may be appropriate.
We have also developed a range of specific GP Registrar categories which can be viewed in full as part of the membership benefits handbook.
Registrar members of MIPS have access to an extensive range of MIPS membership benefits, such as:
- MIPS Members’ Medical Indemnity Insurance Policy**
- MIPS Members’ Group Personal Accident cover **
- access to MIPS Protections for non medical indemnity matters**
- free education sessions
- special member benefit offers
- flexible and portable protection when moving between states
- overseas cover for most countries when holding additional private practice membership and can seek confirmation of benefits when escorting Australian cultural and sporting groups and providing gratuitous health services to third world countries as part of an aid program**
- reciprocal membership rights with Medical Protection Society UK. Membership is offered by MPS at no additional cost to MIPS members working in public hospitals in the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Malaysia**
**See membership benefits handbook including product disclosure statement.
The MIPS benefits available to each MIPS member are determined by the membership category chosen and included in the subscription charged.
If you are not already a member of MIPS, apply to join us or request a membership fee estimate today.