It is an exciting time to be a member of the Medical Indemnity Protection Society – MIPS for short!
Student membership is FREE and MIPS provides student members with a range of membership benefits including medical indemnity insurance and MIPS protections cover while you undertake your elective. We also look after dental students.
It's simple - apply online now. Make sure you go through the policy information and complete your application carefully! The following are also available for download:
Gain access to our many benefits
- Free electives cover (medical indemnity and MIPS protections cover for your electives)
- Access to Work the World, an organisation whose aim is to provide healthcare students with safe, affordable and hassle free overseas elective experiences
- Medico-legal advice when you need it from experienced healthcare professionals.
- Student newsletters delivered straight to your inbox
- access to our Members Only area where you can find great offers on IT equipment and discounted texts
- Awesome competitions
How to apply for FREE electives cover
We need to know where your elective is to ensure that you have access to the member benefits you need. If you are already a member simply sign into our Members Only area to complete the electives form. If you aren't already a member you can apply for both membership and your elective using our student application form. If you have any queries, call us on 1800 061 113.
Apply ahead of time for free new graduate membership using our convenient online form.
Work the World - safe, affordable and hassle free overseas elective experiences.
A Guide to Working Abroad for Australian Medical Students and Junior Doctors, MJA 2011; 194 (12): eS1-eS95