You are covered for Healthcare You provide outside Australia where it is agreed with Us in writing or where You meet the first four conditions and one of the subsequent four conditions:
• Where it is provided outside the United States of America (USA) or anywhere USA law applies (except for Good Samaritan Acts, which are covered worldwide); and
• for no more than 120 days in aggregate within the Period of Insurance; and
• in accordance with applicable laws and regulations for registration in that country; and
• with appropriate local insurance cover in place (if this is required); and
• where Healthcare was provided:
o gratuitously as a volunteer for a charitable organisation or for disaster relief work; or
o to members of an Australian sporting or cultural group, performing or participating in a competition, and to people travelling with them such as coaches or family members, but You are only covered with respect to Claims against You by members of that team or group who are Australian residents; or
o as part of a clinical placement, rotation, or fellowship that is approved by an Australian Medical Council (AMC) accredited college for the purpose of qualifying as a specialist medical practitioner, but only where You are insured by Your overseas employer for civil liability; or
o as specified under ‘Telehealth consultations’ or ‘Medical retrievals and repatriation’
You must notify Us in advance of Your travel if You intend to provide Healthcare outside Australia.
For eligibility, terms, conditions, and exclusions refer to the Member Handbook.