Why choose MIPS?
As a member-owned not-for-profit, we’re here to protect you and your professional reputation with comprehensive insurance cover, expert advice, and personalised support. This includes our 24/7 medico-legal support line and access to accredited professional development (CPD) and on-demand learning.
Our areas of cover may include:
- civil liability
- professional and disciplinary matters
- employment, training, and university disputes
- pursuit matters
For more information on cover visit the MIPS Member Handbook.
PROTECTING YOUR PURPOSE in 3 easy steps
2. Review your quote
3. Apply to MIPS
MIPS membership ceases at 30 June each year. Check with your existing provider for cancellation fees. You can pay your membership fee by monthly instalments at no additional cost.
Examples of where we may assist include:
- A technologist mistakenly administered the wrong radiopharmaceutical.
- A patient complained to a hospital about an unnecessary bone scan and other diagnostic tests.
- A patient complained following an error in administration of a nuclear medicine test. The results were not able to be interpreted and the outcome was delayed as the test should not be repeated for two months.
- A patient complained to NSW Healthcare Complaints Commission (HCCC) of a swollen arm after injection of nuclear medicine, wondering if the swelling was a result of a ‘bad batch’ or infection as a result of negligence.
- An NMT’s colleagues suggested a haematoma on dorsum on the hand of a patient was due to negligence of the NMT following a nuclear medicine injection, although further tests did not link the two.
- A practitioner recorded that a parathyroid lesion was on the left rather than the right hand so an operation was made to the incorrect site.
Insurance cover is subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the policy. The information provided is general advice only and does not consider your personal circumstances or needs. You should review the Member Handbook Combined PDS and FSG and/or contact MIPS on 1800 061 113, before making a decision. Information is current as at the date published.