Being a member of MIPS allows you to practice with the security and confidence you need.
Before applying for membership, you should read the Membership Benefits Handbook . This document includes our categories of membership, our financial services guide, product disclosure statement for the various financial services we provide and product benefits of membership (including medical indemnity and other insurance covers) and the other non-insurance benefits MIPS provides. You may find our article on category selection helpful.
Applying is easy
- Student Application form
- Including overseas/international trained practitioners awaiting registration
- Recent Graduate Application form
- Final year students and practitioners who graduated in the last 5 years
- Healthcare practitioner (Membership Fee Estimate form)
- Doctors, dentists and nuclear medicine technologists
- After you complete a fee estimate and if you wish to accept it, you can complete a Membership Application form
We will assess your application within 5 working days.
If accepted into membership and on receipt of payment of your membership fee, you will have access to the many benefits of MIPS membership.
Or… if you haven’t made up your mind yet, you can find out what makes MIPS different or
get a fee estimate
Changing from another Medical Defence Organisation
Many practitioners who switch to MIPS are surprised how easy the transition is. Nominating the correct retroactive date provides uninterrupted cover for previous years of practice and a membership fee estimate
will help you to make an informed decision. In most cases, if you cancel your cover with your existing indemnity organisation you will receive a refund for a portion of the unused indemnity for the period of insurance ( typically a calendar year or financial year).
Contact us with any questions about membership on 1800 061 113 or email@example.com